Stainless Steel Lift Tables are generally used in food processing environments, or locations where the lift will be washed down on a semi-regular basis. The stainless steel lift table will prevent rusting and corrosion which would occur on a traditional spray painted lift table. While stainless steel lift tables are one of the most expensive lift tables on the market, they pay big dividends when calculating the cost of replacing traditional lifts which will rust and pollute the clean room environment in wash down applications.
Guidelines for Choosing Stainless Steel Lift Tables
Here are some of the most important aspects you will need to know when purchasing a stainless steel lift table.
1. The weight capacity: How much will your pallet of material weight. It is a good idea to take your pallet weight and multiply that by 1.5 to get a safety buffer on the lift tables lifting capacity.
2. The stroke of the SS lift: How high do you want the pallet to be lifted. Generally a raised height of 24″ to 42″ will meet most ergonomic needs.
3. Does the entire lift need to be stainless: Some SS lift tables have components which are not constructed entirely from SS. This can lead to problems if the lift is being washed down on a frequent basis.
4. How often will the SS lift cycle: If the lift will cycle more than 10x an hour, it might be a good idea to purchase a high duty cycle stainless steel lift.
5. What type of controller will work best for the application: If the operator has to use their hands during the work process, then it might be a good idea to purchase a foot controller rather than a hand controller. This will leave the operator’s hands free to perform their task.
Other important Considerations for Stainless Steel Lift Tables
When choosing a supplier for your SS lift table, it is a good idea to share as much information with the manufacturer as possible.
Walk them through the sequence of events that will take place from the moment the pallet is loaded onto the lift table, to the moment that it is removed. For instance, they might suggest that you also purchase a rotating top platform, which will prevent the operator from having to reach across the pallet to gain access to material on the opposite side.
The more information they have about your application, the more likely they are to provide you with the correct type of lift table.